1. day 44 of The Work. taking it up to 140 bpm and cruising along at altitude. Now with more cooldowns! Now GRAPEVINE! 5, 6, 7 8! Feel the burn! Or something like that.

     

  2. Day 43 of The Work, first day of week 7 continuing with the two drum two tonal combination for a while longer.

     
  3. The new face/back-plate pieces. I’m going to put a panda sticker on this one too. Thanks Milla!

    I cut out the plates using the router attachment for my dremel and an 1/8th bit. After I get the edges smoothed out, I’m going to put a 1/4 round edge around the outside of the front and back plates, and fit the openings at the neck and tailpiece on the front and around the as yet undecided jack placement on the back plate. Then a few more coats of oil and rubbing with a modern steel wool replacement pad and then put it all back together and make noises. Now that the oil has soaked in, it has really darkened up the mahogany considerably. One of the pictures has a piece of the previous faceplate, and you can see that the birch (used birch then as well) gets a little golden but stays light, providing a nice contrast.

     

  4. Another interesting week in my life equals another interesting week of music. collect them all at bandcamp https://6bq9.bandcamp.com/album/ive-said-too-much-vol-vi

     

  5. Day 42 of The Work. Download the whole week https://6bq9.bandcamp.com/album/ive-said-too-much-vol-vi from bandcamp

     
  6. Continuing progress on the guitar rebuild. Probably be finished next week. The faceplate will be cut from a piece of 1/4 in. birch plywood I picked up at Lowe’s. They also had som nic oak. This has plenty of interesting grain that will only look better sanded and oil finished. I mocked up what it might look like for the final picture.

     

  7. Day 41 of “The Work.” the tempo has come back up and some parts moved around and a track changed to a drum track and some new rhythms dropped in.

     
  8. ohdotoh:

    First coat of oil finish.

     
  9. ohdotoh:

    All mostly cleaned up and sanded. One more stripper cleanup wash, then let it dry and apply the oil. I took the overhead shots so I can draw on them to run through some ideas for the face and back plates. Need to draw out the angled placement of the 13 pin jack in the back cover, and a door for the battery would be nice while I’m at it. 

     
  10. The stripping of the guitar body. I still need to wash it and sand it, then I’ll be putting some danish oil on it. Newest at top.